I forgot my password

ADMINISTRATORS
Admin Joker Joker Joker

Latest topics

» I know I haven't been here in a few weeks, but...
by NN Admin Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:24 pm

» Gladius - A Naruto rpg
by Guest Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:41 am

» [G] Fuuinjutsu or Sealing System
by NN Admin Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:41 pm

» [F] Bukijutsu Focusus and Taijutsu Techniques
by NN Admin Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:39 pm

» [2a] Character Templates
by NN Admin Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:19 am

» [E] Missions and Events
by NN Admin Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:15 am

» [D] Adventure Point Purchases
by NN Admin Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:12 am

Our button

All other rights go to Naruto© Creator: Masashi Kishimoto

You are not connected. Please login or register

» Ooc Area » Ooc Area » THE DEBATE

THE DEBATE

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 THE DEBATE on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:06 am

IS KATSU DEAD?

View user profile

2 Re: THE DEBATE on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:21 am

I'd like to think he isn't.  Reasons are the following:

1.  V did not give enough time to edit a post.  Less than 10 hours to edit a post is not enough time to edit a post, especially if said person had already went to sleep.  By the time I had woken up the next day V had already declared me ineligible to edit my post.

2.  The rules for claiming a hit is: 
2) Battle Topics. If the user has not posted in 2 days but has been online then you may claim your hit without waiting an extra day.

3) Battle Topic. If you have already claimed your hit and the opponent does not post the next day then you may claim the kill or capture.

24 hours after the claimed hit is the only time you can claim a kill.  So hmm seems like V broke a rule there.

3.  After conversing with Sato, it came to light that the post he voided was the one Chikara voided which isn't the edited post in question.  So other than the fact that V gave inadequate time to edit, my new post should be perfectly fine.

I do not check things unless Chikara asks me to.  If you bug me enough about it, I will deny whatever it is you want me to check.

My job:  Making Plots/Events/Ruining Days/Being Lazy

[12:14:50] Itome Hikaraku : i think katsuro is a really godlike event coordinator my body is ready for more events
View user profile

3 Re: THE DEBATE on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:41 am

Okay i have told you more then enough times. The decision stands and your post is still voided. I supported Chikara's decision since she has more then enough power to make calls on matters like these . I honestly have no clue why i was needed for this when another Admin had mad a call, if i thought it was a bad call i wouldov said something but like i said, im supporting her call. You didn't have a right to edit your post when it was in the process of being voided in skipped which means you edited a voided post basically. V gave you time to edit out of his own curtsy and you failed to abide but the time frame so your post was voided. When V came to me with this matter, he was talking about the post i judged as you can see in the spoiler below.
Spoiler:

@V wrote:
When I asked you to make a decision, it was also to void the post he editted (I assumed that was the post you were referring to since it was the only post you saw and you said katsuro would be skipped), because it's illegal for a player to edit a post when it's being voided. So my decision still stands and Katsuro's post will remain voided.

Code:
[center][img]http://i74.servimg.com/u/f74/18/76/17/65/sato_a10.png[/img]
[color=#ff0000][i]Unless stated otherwise[/i][/color][/center]
View user profile http://www.narutonexusrp.com

4 Re: THE DEBATE on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:09 am

V

Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
1.  V did not give enough time to edit a post.  Less than 10 hours to edit a post is not enough time to edit a post, especially if said person had already went to sleep.  By the time I had woken up the next day V had already declared me ineligible to edit my post.
This is irrelevant. You didn't have the right to edit a post made under false pretenses in the first place, and was voidable. I made it clear to you in the PM I sent you that the window of opportunity to edit was given so you can talk to me about it and we can work this situation before I went to sleep before any posts were voided. I actually even stayed a bit after midnight waiting for you. You told me you were out for the rest of the night in PM, which I didn't know as you usually are the active guy who stays well after that time, so I was sure that you would arrive within two, if not a hour of that post. I wanted to end and resolve the issue you had in why your post would be voided (that the hand seals were prepped beforehand) on the same day that the problem occurred as I try to do. But look at us now. We've extended this into a week, and I see that a 24 hour, or even an additional 48 hour time extension wouldn't have even resolved our issue any sooner. There was no point in me giving you that window, was there?

I made it clear that if you did not edit by then, you would be skipped, and I reinforced that. I don't know why you waited until there was a debate thread to address this. I'm sorry, but as you didn't even respond to any of my PMs and waited days up to this point, I am going to stand by my decision that you cannot edit your post. I could have just voided and skipped you over, but I did give you the time to at least get on. Whether you did that or not kept your post voided, and if a post is voided, it's common sense that the post should not be editted, especially since if you have a problem with my post and tried to address it to another administrator, that should automatically tell you NOT to edit any posts in the thread until after the process is done. It's basic RP principle.

24 hours after the claimed hit is the only time you can claim a kill.  So hmm seems like V broke a rule there.
I already mentioned this in our thread but I'll expand.

1. Those are Inactivity Rules. You were skipped, because your post was voided. The rules don't apply.

2. There is a misinterpretation of the rules on your part. That 3rd rule is for cases where the attack is non-lethal. It is only a day after the non-lethal attack hits does it become lethal, thus killing the opponent in a battle topic, so that the players could resume their rp.

3. Going off of Point Number 2, literally every other battle thread that ended because of auto-hits ended because people were 48'ed. Not that they were 48'ed, and THEN 24'ed. Case references include Tee, Lindow, Wrath, Demon, and even today Oboro. All cases of threads where people either killed someone by claiming their hit as a kill without waiting that extra day, or were killed by that same method. Why should this thread by any different from how we had consistently practiced the 48 hour rule? Doesn't make sense for that extra day to be the kill hit when the attack had the power to kill and was launched with the intention to kill. The opponent doesn't have the chance to post to counter. He (she)'s dead! Now granted Katsuro could have the chance to post his character's final thoughts right before his death, but that's it. Again, I think there was misinterpretation on his part, and I can make it more clearer in the future

4. Didn't you... do the same thing against me when you tried to claim a kill hit after a 48 hour period? Is this not hypocrisy?

3.  After conversing with Sato, it came to light that the post he voided was the one Chikara voided which isn't the edited post in question.  So other than the fact that V gave inadequate time to edit, my new post should be perfectly fine.
Sato already took care of this.

So, my main points are that Katsuro no longer had the right to edit nor does the third battle rule apply to this thread in anyway. If your main argument is the right to edit, then it's best to concede now. Thee hit claim should be a kill claim, because that's exactly the way it's done in every other battle thread, and that's precisely what Katsuro tried to do earlier on. Why suddenly change how the 48 hour has always worked (not only on here but other rps), based on his misinterpretation of Battle Rule Number 3?

View user profile

5 Re: THE DEBATE on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:41 am

I'll concede the following things:

1.  Katsuro is now dead.(He's also a he as am I)

2.  You should sort our your need to...what is it called...Vague Manipulate people to win fights.  Or not.  I mean it's up to you if you ever want to leave the middle school form of RPing.

3.  You can't count days.  Bastian killed Demon in 72 hours.  Oboro waited 72 hours to claim a hit and then another 48 to claim the capture.  Seems to me someone hasn't been reading up on their examples .

4.  I should really make a thread about when I'm going to sleep so V knows my current sleep schedule.  Which fluctuates thanks to this pesky sleeping disorder that I have been cursed with.

I tip my hat to you sir and bid you adieu.  Please don't void this post while I'm asleep and ask that I edit it within 2 hours.  It's really starting to become a hassle.

Cheers,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Kats...Katashi

I do not check things unless Chikara asks me to.  If you bug me enough about it, I will deny whatever it is you want me to check.

My job:  Making Plots/Events/Ruining Days/Being Lazy

[12:14:50] Itome Hikaraku : i think katsuro is a really godlike event coordinator my body is ready for more events
View user profile

6 Re: THE DEBATE on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:23 pm

The passive aggressiveness is real...

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

» Ooc Area » Ooc Area » THE DEBATE

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum